Brew Review: Dalgona Coffee

Dalgona coffee has been all over social media during quarantine. Being that I love all things coffee, I decided to try it out at home.

 Dalgona coffee originates from Korea and is made by whipping together instant coffee, sugar, and hot water, and then typically serving it iced with your favorite milk or milk-alternative beverage. I tried it recently and it was super easy to make and delicious. What's nice about this recipe is that you can adjust the sweetness by deciding how much sugar to put in it. The recipe below is per person.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon instant coffee (I used Nescafe)
1 tablespoon sugar (I used raw brown sugar)
1 tablespoon hot water

Directions
1. Combine instant coffee and sugar in a glass or mixing bowl.


2. Add hot water.


3. Mix until you develop a fluffy, light, airy concoction. It takes about 3 minutes or so if you are using a mixer (and probably longer if you mix by hand-- I've heard up to 8 minutes).








4. Add ice and milk to a tall glass. Scoop the mixture on top.


5. Mix well, and enjoy!


Jasmin

3 comments

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!