Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! I am SO looking forward to the long weekend. It has been raining non-stop here in southern California (which we need), but I'm looking forward to some sunshine. As always, I'm linking up with Shay for my Friday Favorites.

1. In my quest to eat healthier (see related post here), I have been trying different salads from Trader Joe's for lunch daily. I had this Sriracha tuna salad yesterday and it was amazing! I love spicy foods, and most foods I come across that are labeled as "hot" or "spicy" rarely are to me, but this one does not disappoint.


2. I am in the middle of researching kitchen remodeling (I will be putting in granite counters and a backslash), so I have been in the middle of Pinterest-pinning mania. I came across the cutest idea for the kitchen-- a little coffee bar! How perfect is this?  I also fell in love with the three jars pictured, so I broke down and ordered them. What can I say...although they are pricey they are too pretty. You can find them here (they come in three sizes).

 
Photo credit:  farahmerhi_ 

3. For those of you who live in L.A., DineLA starts today through the 27th. It's a great opportunity to try fabulous restaurants for lunch and dinner at a reduced price (lunch prices are $15-$25 per person; dinner prices are $29-$95 per person). Some of my favorites that I'd recommend are: The Little Door, Red O, Rock Sugar, Osteria Mama, Bouchon, and Pizzeria Mozza. For a complete list of participating restaurants, go here.


4. And speaking of restaurants, I had brunch at Le Petit Paris, which is located in downtown and is featured as part of DineLA. I love all things French (I studied abroad in Marseille for 6 months my senior year of undergrad), so I was super excited to try a French brunch place. It did not disappoint. If you are there, you must try  the truffle omelette and the French toast (pictured below).  YUM!


5. And finally, Nashville is back...but this time on the CMT channel. I am so glad CMT decided to pick up the show. Although the story line is sometimes a bit too soapy for my taste, I LOVE the music.


Have a great weekend!


No comments

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!