Workin’ It Wednesdays Series

Today, I am linking up with Shay for her new monthly "Workin' It Wednesdays" series.

Today's topic: New Year's Goals. This is so timely for me, as I sat down last night and wrote my goals for the year in my Erin Condren planner. Here are my goals for the year:

1. Become more fitness minded. In the past year, my fitness routine has slacked off a bit due to a hectic schedule and more work travel. I started this goal on Monday and I am using the My Fitness Pal app to keep myself accountable. I love that it tracks calories and exercise, and it even "talks" to my Fitbit app and logs the number of steps I complete each day as exercise. My goal is to exercise five days a week. I find that when I have a regular exercise schedule, I sleep better, feel better, and have more energy. If you use the app too and are on a health journey like me, feel free to add me as a friend! I find it motivating. My user name is jmaboud. :)


2. And on a related note, my second goal is to eat better. This again ties in to feeling better. When I eat less processed food and junk food, I find that I feel better and sleep better. " If I don't find it in nature, I won't eat it" will be my mantra for eating in 2017 (at least 80% of the time). ;) I love any and all salads, so lately I've been having a salad with some kind of lean protein for lunch.


3. Sleep more! I am really bad at getting the recommended 8 hours of sleep per day. I will be using my Fitbit app to help me track my sleep.


4. Stick to my budget! I found an app I love that I am using for this. It's called Pennies. You simply set your budget and then track your purchases. It also breaks down how much money you have left to spend daily, monthly, etc.


5. Read more. My goal is to read at least one book per month. I started Book 2 of the Neapolitan Novels, The Story of a New Name, last night.

 

Have a great day!

Jasmin

No comments

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!