Friday Favorites

Here are my four favorites for the week...which I think I'll make a weekly series called "Friday Favorites."  In honor of the wedding I attended recently, these favorites are all about hair and makeup.

1. Sephora
Did you know that if you are a VIB Rouge member (meaning you spend a minimum of $1,000 per year), you can get a free, full face make over? In fact, you can get a free, full face make over anytime you want. How amazing is that?  You simply have to book at appointment through their site or at the store.  I used it for the wedding recently and the artist who did my makeup informed me that all of Sephora's artists have a minimum number of years of experience required, so you will never get someone new doing makeup for the first time.

2. Ulta
I recently discovered Ulta (I had never set foot in one before earlier this year, since I usually go to Sephora). One thing they have that Sephora doesn't is a hair salon. I've tried their blowout service and loved it! Here's me last weekend getting a blowout before the wedding.

3. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation
I've heard people swear by this brand, since it's specially formulated to look amazing in pictures (one of my friends used it for her wedding exclusively-- she researched what the best makeup brands for weddings were, and this one was at the top of the list). I tried the liquid foundation this past weekend and loved it. I will be buying it after my Chanel foundation runs out. I used color 125 (sand).  You can find it here.

I would also recommend pairing this with their HD Microfinish Powder, which is amazing.  It just sets everything and makes your face and the finish of the makeup look better.  I always have an extra one on hand in case I run out.

4. Laura Mercier Concealer
I have really dark undereye circles (it's genetic), so I'm always looking for the next best product to cover them up. I recently tried Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer (#3) and it made my dark circles vanish. So awesome. You can find it here.


What are your favorite foundations and concealers? I'd love to hear what you use, so please comment below!  I've also used the following in the past on a regular basis:

Foundation:
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup (currently using)
bareMinerals Original Foundation
Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

Concealer:
Lancome Maquicomplet Corrector
Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Undereye Concealer

Happy Friday!  TGIF!

Jasmin

No comments

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!