Purse Purge

I thought it would be cute to do a "purse purge." This idea came from Emily's blog post, which can be found by clicking here.

A purse purge basically involves what the name implies...purging your purse of all its contents for everyone to see. Brace yourself: my purse is quite large in size. It's partly due to the fact that I like big purses so I can fit all my work-related and personal items in them, and also because I hate changing purses during the week. I'm almost always madly dashing out the door in the morning because I'm running late, no matter how early I get up (read: Jasmin is not a morning person).

And so, here is a glimpse into my life, via my purse:

Here's my purse. This is what my younger brother calls my "bowling ball bag" because of its size and shape. Come to think of it, I don't think there's a single purse (and I have quite a lot...I blame this on my mom growing up and her love for shoes and handbags) that he likes or doesn't give an alternate name to.


Here's the inside, in all its messy glory:


My allergy medication, aka my Kryptonite...which I don't dare to take during the week anymore because of a recent incident.


My Starbucks' gum, because naturally, I love all things Starbucks.


My Blackberry, aka my "Crackberry," as my friends like to call it. It's basically my electronic leash. The first week I activated the phone (about 2 years ago), because it constantly kept buzzing every 5 minutes, I was seriously contemplating throwing it out the window. Now I'm used to it, sadly. A friend once challenged me to part with it for an hour to see what would happen, and in return, he would not smoke during that time (I'm trying to get him to quit). Let's just say the nicotine addiction won over the Crackberry addiction.


Since my life has been consumed with GRE studying as of late, I carry with me (at all times) the pocket reference guide that I'm supposed to be committing to memory, as well as the 200 flash cards of the most commonly used GRE vocabulary words. I will be quite happy when that darn test is done since it's been giving me so much anxiety. If anyone is seriously considering taking the GRE, please please please let me know and I'll be more than happy to provide you tips, advice, etc. because I would be more than happy to spare you a similar torture.


Here's the "mommy" section of my purse in terms of content, even though I'm not a mommy. It consists of my Tide-on-the-Go pen (for stains...I'm notorious for staining my clothes and this is not good when I'm at lunch during the week and have an afternoon work meeting or presentation to give), band aids (I'm a klutz), Ibuprofen, and hair bands and bobby pins (I now have bangs, which are cute but annoying at the same time because I have to pin them back every time I hit the gym or play tennis.


My business cards (I feel so professional when I get to whip these out and give them away at meetings and networking events...just one of the perks of being a grown-up).


My makeup and Kleenex (because what girl's purse would be complete without it, right?). To the left is what my brother calls my "James Bond" mirror because it also transforms into a hairbrush that pops out (I bought it at Sephora).


My hand lotion and chapstick. Seriously, Bath & Body Works makes the best hand lotion...nothing I've used is quite like it. You just need a dab and it's enough to moisturize even the driest hands. I sound like a commercial, huh? And it comes in all sorts of yummy scents. The one below that I particularly like is 'Sweet Pea.' The chapstick is Burt's Bees, which is another favorite of mine because it's all natural.


My bluetooth earpiece...since July 1st, 2008, California law requires anyone using a cell phone while driving to use a bluetooth earpiece or hands-free device.



My huge over-size sunglasses...here in sunny So Cal, these are a must!


My iPod Nano for the gym...I absolutely cannot workout at the gym without my music, especially when I'm running on a treadmill. In fact, I don't think I could run on a treadmill even if I tried without music. There's something about the beat of the music and rhythm that helps regulate not only my breathing and heart rate, but also my movement and aids in my endurance. I usually stick to upbeat pop and hip hop music when running (think Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Pussy Cat Dolls, Beyoncé, Rhianna, etc...yes, I know, some of these artists are not a good representation of all music, I go for beat/rhythm vs. quality when working out).


And last but not least, my wallet and checkbook.


Not pictured: my car keys...'cause I always misplace them so I have no idea where they were when I took these pictures.

2 comments

  1. I love your purse! I'd be afraid to post something like this...I have no idea what all is in my purse.

    Also, I tagged you for an award. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!