Friday Favorites: Perfume Edition

For this week's Friday Favorites, I thought I would mix things up a bit and share my favorite scents! I did a similar post on my favorite scents almost two years ago, and it's interesting to see how tastes in scents change over time. Only one perfume that I mentioned in my past post is still in my collection (which means it's a good one, right?).

Here are the scents that are currently on my dresser.


1.  First up is the one perfume that I'm still a fan of from a few years ago:  Alien by Mugler.  This is the one perfume I wear where I always get asked what I'm wearing.  I find it's more of a summer scent and smells best when paired with the body lotion, which has some shimmer in it.  I don't know how to describe this scent other than that it's unique and I never get sick of it.


2.  The newest scent in my collection is by Diptyque and is called Philosykos.  For those unfamiliar with the brand, it's a French luxury perfumer that was founded in 1961.  They are also known for their candles.  While this brand is more on the pricey side, I find their scents are unique and their bottles look like beautiful works of art (the backside of each bottle has a painting).  Philosykos is a wonderful scent for summer and smells fresh and fruity.  I always pair my perfumes with their matching body lotions, so I was disappointed to learn this scent did not have a body lotion.  I ended up finding one (by accident, mind you) when I was staying at a Kimpton hotel in San Francisco.  Their kadota fig body lotion by Atelier Bloem smells EXACTLY like the scent, so I ended up purchasing it online (unfortunately, it's also rather pricey).


3.  The next perfume I love is also by Diptyque and is called Eau Duelle.  I received this as a gift for Christmas and it's definitely a winter scent.  The best way to describe this is that it's sweet with a spicy kick (it has notes of bourbon in it).  I pair this with my Flower Bomb body lotion and find that it works well because it's quite a similar scent.


4.  If you want a true summer scent, this next one is for you:  Tom Ford's Soleil Blanc.  This smells like summer vacation in a bottle.  It has hints of coconut but doesn't make you feel like you're doused in Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen.  It's a sophisticated scent that's perfect for summer.  The body oil that comes with it is super runny, though, so you have to be careful when applying it from the bottle.  This again is on the pricier side, but if you're just using it in the summer, it should last year more than one summer.


5.  And finally, I jumped on the Jo Malone bandwagon! Although I feel they are more known for their candles, I have found their colognes are just as good (they are a unisex brand).  I had heard about this British brand years ago but had never tried it until I got a sample from Nordstrom.  I've tried several of their scents since then, and the Basil and Neroli is by far my favorite.  It reminds me of a Spring day:  fresh and clean.  I also bought the matching body cream which is thick yet absorbent.


That rounds up my favorite current scents. Please comment below and share if you have any favorite scents. I'd love to hear what you wear. :) Thanks for stopping by!

Jasmin

No comments

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!