2017 Year in Review

Happy New Year! I can still say that even though it's mid-January, right? ;) I'm a little late in my 2017 year in review post, but decided to do one anyway because years later, looking back, I will be glad I did such posts to remind me of all the adventures I had in 2017.

January
Lake Arrowhead trip with friends. There was snow...lots of snow.





February
Work trip to the East coast, where I was met with...more snow. In fact, it was so bad my flight was cancelled due to a snow storm and I had to fly in the next day.



March
This was a chill month. The highlight was meeting up with some old friends I hadn't seen in a while and catching up.





April and May
While March was chill, April was NOT. I renovated my kitchen which started in April and went into May. I will do a full blog post on the before and after, what I thought of the process, etc in another post soon. In the meantime, here's a couple of before and after pics.

Before:


After:


June
Work trip to the east coast again. But this time I got to do some sightseeing on the side as well.



I also went to Las Vegas where I got to see the Backstreet Boys concert (and re-live my high school era). It was fab. #noshame





July
July was Harry Potter month. I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood (walking through Hogwarts was the highlight) and then saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on the big screen at the Hollywood Bowl with a live orchestra. It was amazing.









August
August was a busy month, AND my birthday month, so it's near and dear to my heart. I went to Las Vegas with friends (we saw the Michael Jackson 'One' Cirque du Soleil show) and to Palm Springs and stayed at the J.W. Marriott Desert Hills (separate post reviewing the property coming soon).

Venetian hotel in Las Vegas-- so pretty!


Dining at Del Fricos where they have a James Bond wine table that spins and plays music from the movies.


Michael Jackson's 'One' show


J.W. Marriott Desert Hills








Birthday celebrations
 





September
September included another Las Vegas trip (this time for the J.Lo concert-- she was fab) and a bridal shower that had the most amazing photo booth backdrop (the bride-to-be made it herself!).

J. Lo's infamous dress.




View of Bellagio fountains


Bridal shower




October
October is one of my favorite months because I love all things Fall and Pumpkin spice. This month included an L.A. Kings game in downtown L.A. and Halloween parties. I went as a cat (I wanted an easy, comfortable costume). Boring, I know, but I am not much of a costume person.

L.A. Kings game


Halloween parties




November
November was super busy with family visiting from out of town and a wedding. I also bought a new car, which was long overdue (my old car was 13 years old). I have named her Fifi because she is white and reminds me of a French poodle.







December
December was filled with lots of holiday parties (I attended one with a Gingerbread House decorating contest-- I won!), a trip to Universal Studios again to see Hogwarts lit up for Christmas, going home for the holidays, and spending NYE in Big Bear with friends (where there was plenty of cold but NO snow, which was odd. But we had the best time staying in the cabin and playing board games. We did venture out a few times to eat and the food was awesome (who knew Big Bear had such great restaurants?). I'll have to do another post dedicated just to that.









Happy New Year! Hope your 2018 is off to a blessed and wonderful start.

Jasmin

No comments

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!