What's Up Wednesday

Hello Wednesday! Today, I am linking up with Shay for "What's Up Wednesday," which consists of answering the following questions.


1. What We're Eating This Week
I subscribed to Blue Apron for a week since they had a promo, so I have been cooking some yummy meals. I've made these so far and they were delicious. What I love too is that the meals are so easy and simple to recreate again.

Blackened Chicken with Zucchini Rice, Corn & Cherry Tomatoes
Brown Butter & Thyme Gnocchi with Maitake Mushrooms, Corn & Swiss Chard
2. What I'm Reminiscing About
Trick-or-Treating as a child. I used to go dressed as a French Maid a lot (because my mom loved the costume) or some kind of animal (mouse, cat, etc). Costumes have come a long way since then. I have a feeling political ones will be popular this year given that it's an election year.

3. What I'm Loving
The cooler weather slowly creeping in. There are still plenty of hot days in southern California, but the evenings are getting cooler, with a hint of Fall.

4. What We've Been Up To
Lots...birthday parties, traveling for work, baby events, and dinners with friends. We celebrated a friend's birthday this past weekend at a gastro pub in Pasadena.


5. What I'm Dreading
My iphone possibly dying...j/ k. But seriously, has anyone noticed that as soon as a new iphone comes out (the 7 came out this month), the battery seems to start draining faster on your phone?! I've noticed this with mine. It's like it's Apple's sneaky way of getting us to buy the new phone. ;)

6. What I'm Working On
Starting my Christmas shopping early (or at least making a list of what to purchase for everyone). Doing this early makes the month of December so much more pleasant.

7. What I'm Excited About
All things pumpkin! One of my favorites is Trader Joe's pumpkin ice cream. I stopped by to pick some up last week and they were out of it already. :(

 

8. What I'm Watching/Reading
I just finished Stranger Things, which I LOVED! I feel like the show is a combination of ET, Goonies, and Super 8. And it had that 80s vibe that I love. And the music was amazing. Can't wait for season 2!


I'm also watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix.  I needed some comedy after Stranger Things. So funny! I highly recommend it.

 

9. What I'm Listening To
The Frank Sinatra radio station on Pandora.


10. What I'm Wearing
Black pants, a black top, these flats, and this cute cardigan in pink. It's all about comfort while working, right?

11. What I'm Doing This Weekend
Relaxing! It's been a hectic few weeks. I'm looking forward to decorating the house for Fall too. I picked up this fall wreath from Home Depot of all places. And it was under $15! So much cheaper than other stores. You can find it here.

  

12. What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month
Halloween! I love carving the pumpkin, roasting the seeds, seeing all the kids in their costumes, and the vibe around that time of year.

13. What Else is New
I will be visiting one of my best friends in Phoenix next month. I have never been so I'm looking forward to some much needed girl time and catching up.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jasmin

No comments

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!