Pina Colada Protein Smoothie

One of my favorite things to have after my brutal boot camp workouts is a protein smoothie. The gym I belong to has a smoothie cafe that has the best shakes, but having one after each workout can get pretty pricey, so I've started creating my own smoothie concoctions at home.

I came up with this recipe earlier this week and it was delicious! It didn't even taste like a healthy drink (but rather something I should be sipping on at a tropical island in the middle of nowhere). Not only is this smoothie yummy, but it delivers over 20 grams of protein per scoop of protein powder.

I'd love to hear what your favorite smoothie recipes are. Please share by commenting below.

Pina Colada Protein Smoothie
Ingredients:
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (such as this one)
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 cup frozen pineapple
  • 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (I like this one) or unsweetened vanilla almond milk (you can use sweetened, but unsweetened keeps it healthier)
  • 3 tablespoons shredded coconut (I get mine from Sprouts)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup ice
Blend and enjoy! Happy Friday!

 

Jasmin

1 comment

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!