Oven Roasted Chicken Shawarma

Good morning! I think I'll call today Tasty Tuesday, since I am sharing a recipe I made over the weekend. I am also linking up with Sweet Little Ones for 'Tuesday Talk.'


I found this recipe on the NY Times Food Pinterest page (click here to see the Pinterest page and here for the recipe), and since it sounded simple yet delicious, I decided to make it. I followed the recipe for the most part, but made a few changes:

*The recipe says to marinate the meat for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours. I was short on time the day I made it, and was only able to marinate the chicken for an hour, but it still turned out delicious!

*I reduced the amount of olive oil used (the recipe calls for 1/2 a cup of olive oil, but I only used a 1/4 cup).

*I omitted the fresh parsley.

*I doubled the amount of red onions (I used two large ones instead of one).

*After 40 minutes of baking in the oven, I took out the chicken and chopped it all up on a cutting board. I then returned it to the oven and turned on the broiler so the chicken could get crispy.

Here's the finished result after coming out of the oven:


I served the chicken on top of some brown rice, with chopped cucumber and tomatoes, and some sauce (see below for recipe). I will definitely be making this again because it was so flavorful and easy. I also had left overs for the next day and made a wrap for lunch.

 

Shawarma sauce
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1/2 a lime juiced
1 tablespoon Tahini
3 cloves of garlic minced
2 tablespoons dry dill
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix everything together well, either in a blender or a food processor. Bon appetit!

Jasmin

1 comment

  1. its a super delicious recipe and all instruction defined very well.
    nice blog..

    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!