Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I don't know about you, but I am so glad 2015 is over.

I was on vacation for about 10 days, which was so lovely. I went home for the holidays and spent it with my family and friends. I didn't snap too many pictures, but here are a few of my time spent.

I went go cart racing, which sounds fun, but was actually terrifying to me. I was the slowest of the group...I drove like a granny and was lapped several times.   


 

Here's some of the Christmas decor at my company's holiday party.  My coworker found this idea on Pinterest where you create fake snow in a jar and then string lights in there.  Super pretty!  The snow lasts about 3 weeks.  You can find a similar idea here.  I ended up winning the center piece so I got to bring it home with me.

 

Christmas tree at my parent's house...so pretty!


I went to Malibu and spent some time at the beach.  This is why living in southern California is so awesome-- the weather is nice enough to visit the beach even in December.


And finally, here are my New Year's Resolutions:
  1. Read one book per month (i.e. 12 books per year).  I think this will be doable since one book per month is not too hard of a goal.  The catch for me is that I usually wait until I'm in bed and dead tired to read, which is not a good combo, because then I end up falling asleep.  
  2. And along those lines...sleep earlier!  I'm hoping to get 8 hours a night during the week.
  3. And finally...create a budget and stick to it!  I've downloaded the iphone app Pennies to help keep me on track.  It's relatively simple and easy to use. 
Tomorrow, as part of my Friday Favorites, I'll be posting my Bachelor Fantasy Draft picks.  For those of you who have not yet done the draft or heard of it, you can download it here (Week 2 is already decided based on Monday night's show, so just fill out Weeks 3 to 9 before next Monday's show).

Here's hoping your 2016 has been off to a great start!

Jasmin

1 comment

  1. that looks so fun! so glad i came across your blog and hope youll stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!