Pumpkin Squares Recipe

Happy Tuesday!  Today, I am linking up with Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk and sharing my Pumpkin Squares recipe.

I found this recipe on the Curry Girls Kitchen website and decided to try it on Halloween night. You can find the complete recipe here. Although their recipe is gluten free, I used regular flour for mine did not use coconut flour (I added more regular flour instead).

I loved the end result of the recipe: it's a cross between pumpkin pie and a coffee crumb cake. It's really delicious, especially once it's been chilled in the fridge for a few hours. The only thing I didn't like about the recipe is that it took a bit longer to make because you essentially make three parts: crust, filling, and topping. I think what also took a lot of time for me was grinding the pecans (I used a coffee/nut grinder instead of my normal food processor, which took forever because my grinder is so small. Next time I'm using my food processor). But if you're up for the challenge, try this! It's amazing once done. :)

I'm not going to re-post the entire recipe here, since you can click the link above to get to it, but I did take some pictures of the process. Here it is in a nutshell:

1. Gather all your ingredients. Grind the pecans in a food processor.

2. Mix all the crust ingredients together using a pastry blender (or fork, like I did).

3. Spread the crust in a Pyrex pan and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or so.

4. Mix the filling ingredients together.

5. Make the crumble topping by mixing all ingredients together with a fork.

6. Once the crust has cooled, pour the filling on it so it covers the crust completely.  Add the crumble topping.  Bake for another 45 minutes.

7. Once done baking, it will look something like this:

8. Once cool, cut and add a dollop of whipped cream if you wish.

Enjoy!

Jasmin

3 comments

  1. This is going on my Thanksgiving menu. A nice change for our dessert table. I love crumble topping on anything. Thanks for linking up and helping me on my menu at our Cookie Swap on Tuesday Talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to do the same! It's a nice change from traditional pumpkin pie and this makes a pretty good serving (can easily be for 10-15 people. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!