Halloween Recap

Happy November! It's hard to believe that Halloween is over. I feel like once November rolls around, the holidays are in full swing!  Here's a recap of my Halloween.

We had our annual Halloween festivities/contest at work. Our department won for best act (they did Star Wars) and the Marketing department won for best group costume (they did Pac Man, which was really creative and original). Here are some pictures:




I carved my pumpkin on Friday night, and it was a success...or so I thought until I realized that I made my bat upside down (since bats naturally hang with their faces looking down). Oh well, I still think my pumpkin came out looking pretty cool. ;) 


As I do every year, I roasted the pumpkin seeds.  But this year, I tried a new method:  I boiled the seeds first in a sauce pan for about 10 minutes and added salt to the water so that the salt could penetrate the inside of the seeds (for every 1/2 cup of seeds, add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water). Then I strained them and roasted them in a nonstick pan with a little bit of olive oil, salt, and the juice of half a lemon until they turned golden brown. They turned out delicious!




I did some other baking as well (I made pumpkin pie squares, which turned out amazing!). I will share the recipe on the blog tomorrow.

Hope you all had a wonderful Halloween. Now bring on the Christmas music (just kidding...well...kinda).

Jasmin

No comments

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!