- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Attach the award to the post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
- Provide a link to the award post you created (You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you).
How I got Started
I started my blog in August 2006 (can't believe it was so long ago!) as a way for me to keep an online journal. I was tired of keeping a paper journal and decided blogger was the best route to go. Since then, it's grown from a journal to a place where I post random tidbits, thoughts, rantings, ideas, photos, etc.
Advice to New Bloggers
- Be consistent! I cannot stress this enough. Be consistent in your posting to keep your audience engaged and coming back for more.
- Join a blogging community and be a part of link-ups. This will grow your blog and the readers you have. I'm a part of SITS.
- Don't worry about the look of your blog right away (there are many free templates available that are great to use). You can upgrade and have a custom look after you have a loyal readership. I had my blog designed by Gisele. She also has some free templates available on her site.
Given that I've just recently started blogging again, I will list some of my favorite blogs that I think you should check out instead:
- I Hate Green Beans: I love this blog for hilarious recaps of the Bachelor and Bachelorette shows.
- SITS: A great blogging community to join.
- Bakerella: Two words- CAKE POPS!
- Mix and Match Mama: I love this blog for recipe ideas, and I just like seeing her family updates (and the fact that she loves coffee as much as me).
- A Girl, A Style: One of my favorite fashion bloggers, and she lives in England, so I get to see fab pictures of there that she posts. I love her girly and feminine style!
- Fraiche Nutrition: Yummy and nutritious healthy recipe ideas can be found here.