Below is my attempt at creating something similar (but I had to add peanut butter in there because, well, peanut butter makes everything better, right?). Peanut butter is also another healthy source of protein, as long as you stick to getting the natural peanut butter (the one that has the oil separating at the top that you have to stir) instead of the one that doesn’t require refrigeration (read: icky preservatives).
- 1/2 banana (frozen bananas work well too.)
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk (I like Almond Breeze brand, but make sure you get the unsweetened one so this recipe stays healthy.)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (If you want something with a little bit less fat, you can also use PB2, which is peanut butter in a powder form that has a lot less fat and calories. You can find it here.)
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (I use Gold Standard 100% Whey in Double Rich Chocolate. It is the best tasting one I have tried and doesn't taste chalky like some other protein powers tend to be.)
- 1 tsp whole bean coffee or ground coffee (If you're feeling especially bold, try putting in some cold brew coffee extract instead. I like the Trader Joe's cold brew concentrate, but go easy with the stuff, since it's strong. I would add a quarter cup max).
- 1/2 cup ice