Help Haiti

I'm back after an ugly bought of sickness! My 2010 is not starting out so lovely. Luckily, I feel so much better than I did on Monday...I ended up missing most of the work week.

Two things:

1. The post before this one on recycling Christmas cards has been updated to include a program started by a reader of this blog, Marcia. She emailed me the details of her program, which I added to the post, so please take another peek below or click here to be directed to the page. You will feel really really good once you've dug out all your holiday cards that you had intended to throw out anyway and packaged and mailed them to help either good cause. I know 'cause I mailed mine this past weekend. :-)

2. Please please PLEASE help Haiti. The country was devastated on January 12th by a 7.0 magnitude earthquake. Officials are estimating anywhere from 100,000 to half a million are feared dead. Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the Americas: about 80% of the population is estimated to be living in poverty, and most Haitians live on $2 or less per day.

Below are organizations you can donate to:
* Red Cross
* Red Cross via text: Donate $10 by texting Haiti to 90999. The amount will be added to your next phone bill.
* UNICEF
* Doctors Without Borders
* Yéle Haiti
* Partners in Health

And, of course, please pray for the people of Haiti and all affected by this tragedy. Prayers are needed as much as monetary donations.



Jasmin

1 comment

  1. It's so devastating what happened to these people. They need all the support they can get.

    I've seen some images that will forever be emblazoned in my mind.
    I will definitely be praying for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!