In remembrance

Ten years ago today, John F. Kennedy Jr., his wife Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, and her sister died in a plane crash. I still remember to this day where I was when I heard the awful news: in the family room at home, glued to the TV as the helicopters hovered above the waters where the small plane had gone down in hopes of finding survivors. It was such a sad waste of life. I remember thinking that the Kennedys had seen more than their share of tragedy, and that the only constant for that family was a state of mourning.

Shortly after, I read Edward Klein's book The Kennedy Curse: Why Tragedy Has Haunted America's First Family for 150 Years, which attempted to explain why so much tragedy had befallen the family. Sadly, the book was filled with gaps, holes, biases, and loosely based on gossip. Even after death, there seems to be no rest for the family. May they rest in peace.

1 comment

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!