Nerd Alert

Hello peeps!

How was everyone's Memorial Day weekend? Mine bordered on nerdy, but that's just how I like it. ;) I saw both 'Star Trek' and 'Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.' Stay tuned for my thoughts on 'Star Trek' in tomorrow's post.

I also visited the Griffith Observatory, which I'd never been to. It's a popular tourist attraction located near Griffith Park in Los Angeles that showcases numerous science and space-related displays. It's also been featured in several movies such as 'Terminator' as well as 'Terminator: Salvation,' which I saw last week. Unfortunately, in the latter, the observatory is in ruins since the movie is set in a post-apocalyptic world.

I wasn't able to go inside the observatory since I was visiting after hours, but I enjoyed the trip up there nonetheless. The observatory attracts just as many night visitors as day ones since the night views of the city are a-maaaaaaaaaa-zing! Unfortunately, I didn't take a camera with me so the pictures I did take with my camera phone came out fuzzy and blurry.

Here's one I took of the view from the deck...L.A.'s twinkling lights can be seen amid the darkness:



And here's a shot taken from the side of the main building:



Since my pictures don't do any justice to the glory of the observatory itself, here are formal pictures I found online:



No comments

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!