Fish Friday

Growing up Catholic, I was used to having fish every Friday for dinner, so Fridays became synonymous with fish for me as a child, which I later carried on into adulthood. Today is fish Friday again, but for a very different reason: I'm trying sushi for the first time ever. People I meet find it shocking that I've never sampled sushi, especially since there are so many excellent sushi eateries here in Southern California. I suppose it's the equivalent of living in the Midwest and never having a really good steak.

So tonight I will be trying sushi for the first time, but not by choice: I lost a bet and as a result, I will be am forced to try raw fish. My devious plan to get out of trying shashimi is to promptly start crying when my order arrives. Just kidding. In all honesty, I'm not much of a seafood fan to begin with (I stick to basics such as tuna, mahi mahi, salmon, swordfish, and shrimp) and hate squid, eel, clams, muscles, and lobster. I think it has to do more with the consistency (squishy and slimy) than the taste, even though super fishy foods turn me off as well.

I'll post on Monday how my sushi ordeal dinner went, along with pictures as proof. This might be a good thing, since I'll be able to cross off an item from my Bucket List.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment

  1. Sushi is de-lish.

    Ask for extra eel sauce...yummy. :)

    (And not made of eel...)

    Simone

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!