The power of bugs, crawly creatures, and all things similar...

Bugs have power over me. Seriously! They can control me as soon as I spot one invading my space. I freeze and my entire focus and attention shifts to them as I watch them, to make sure they don't escape or crawl off before someone is able to kill them for me. Now, I say someone because I, for one, refuse to kill bugs, spiders, crawly things, etc. You get the idea. I simply can't do it. If I absolutely have to and there's no one else around to do the dirty deed for me, I'll squish the intruder and leave him/her/it mushed for someone else to wipe up/bury/discharge of.

When I was little, my mother was my hero: she didn't even need to squish the poor sucker. She'd simply grab a Kleenex (and only 1 sheet at that, not like the 10 sheets I grab now if I have to wipe the guts up), and mush the intruder in the Kleenex, thereby killing it. I was in awe. This woman had no fear, no disgust, and no hesitation in doing this. I can't tell you how many weird, creepy crawly things we had visit our house when growing up: potato bugs in the pool, daddy long leg spiders, black widows, lizards, snakes, rats, mice, raccoons, bats, skunks, etc. And it was always mommy to the rescue.

My poor future husband...he's going to be in for quite a surprise when he realizes his future wife cannot kills bugs and that this will be part of his manly duty. And I also can't sew a button. God help him. ;)

1 comment

  1. Might I suggest a bottle of bug repellent for you to carry in your purse. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!