A girl's best beauty aid is a near-sighted man

Today has been somewhat of an odd day. I'm not quite sure why. It has just felt a little bit off. *queue Twilight Zone music* Maybe it's because the Santa Ana winds are furiously blowing here in Southern California and the fire storms are just starting up again (there's a fire brewing in Montecito).

I have a wedding tomorrow. I usually look forward to weddings but this one I have been dreading, partly due to the fact that I haven't felt too good this week and because I have this sneaking suspicion that I'm starting to get sick. The only redeeming thing about that is that I haven't eaten much, so I'm sure I will look fabulous in my dress. On top of that, I have decided to go ahead and do my makeup myself, since I've been told that MAC (where I had previously booked an appointment) basically turns you into a clown since they like to pile on the makeup. Now clown makeup would be appropriate for Halloween, but I am going to a fancy schmansy wedding at a grand hotel. So no clown makeup for me. I did my makeup for the last wedding I went to and I looked pretty darn good, and no one ran away screaming at the sight of me, so I'm assuming I have enough skills to get me by. Besides, I'm firm believer that makeup should *enhance* what you naturally have, and not let the world know that you are, indeed, wearing layers of caked-on gunk.

With that said, I'm only going to get my hair done and my nails done (I'm taking my mama with me tonight to get them done...I love going w/her). I scoured the Internet for hair ideas and I finally settled on lose waves/curls and volume for tomorrow...I printed this pic and will take it with me:



I think it would look good given I have the same length, color, and texture hair as this celeb (Kim Kardashian). Luckily, I do not have the same ample behind, lol. And I have the same skin tone and eye color, so I think this pic gives me a good idea of what my final result will look like. For those wondering, my dress is a deep purple color (think eggplant) with gold beading along the neck line and waist. What I love most about it is that it's SUPER comfy, which is awesome because I hate dresses that are so restrictive that you can only eat a celery stick the entire night and not even dance comfortably, or even attempt to catch the bouquet. ;)

No comments

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!