Not Even a Nibble of the Big Apple

I lead a tortured existence. Really, I do. So I got into a top school that I wanted to get into but it's so incredibly expensive and located in one of *the* most expensive areas in the U.S.: Manhattan. Now, mind you, I have been wanting to study at this school for the longest time and live in Manhattan for the longest time, and I'm getting exactly what I want, but I'd have huge, outrageous, phenomenal amounts of debt when I graduate from grad school and I'd be entering a field where you could potentially make a lot of money, but it's very rare. I'd have to be extremely lucky, make really good connections, and basically be in the right place at the right time while trying to get myself through school.

It's strange...I never thought I'd actually have to make this decision because I didn't think I'd get into such a competitive school. But here I am, having to actually think about this, and the sad reality is that it probably won't happen because I can't justify putting myself in that much debt when graduating from a much less known school with the same degree type is just as good and acceptable because in this field, employers don't really look at the school name; they look at mainly your experience and internships.

Then again, I could be in NYC, meet the man of my dreams who happens to be fabulously rich and could afford to put me through school or pay off my outrageous debt. Ahhhh, unrealistic, I know, but hey, a girl can dream, right? I can't help it...I have this sick fascinating with NYC and I feel so pulled to that city every time I visit. I'm meant to live there for some period of my life...I know it.

No comments

Thank you for reading and for your comment! Have a wonderful day!